Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dinner plans

I went to the gym last night and did a real good workout. Then I was driving by the bar and even though I had no money, no credit cards, and even left my cell phone home I stopped in. Coleen was there, so was Jimmy. I had left my favorite pair of gloves in Coleen's car so I went in expecting to just get those and head home. Then Jimmy bought me a beer, Coleen bought dinner and gave me half and the next I knew I'd had 3 beers and eaten what for me was a full dinner.
There is a new girl working at the bar, her name is Diana and it seems she has caught Jimmy's eye. I saw what she looked like and she is cute in a Jennifer Love-Hewitt kind of way. Jimmy thinks she might be a little young since he just turned 41. She looked like she is closer to over 30 than under 30 and I told him that. I told him if he doesn't make something happen that would leave that door open for me. I was mostly kidding. Somehow we segued into how he doesn't have any thoughts of Coleen anymore and I should make a move. I just said no, I don't think so. Don't even know why I said it except I knew she was somewhere in the room and I still know she is more into whatever guy is texting her than me. I just seem like I need to protect myself. From what isn't clear to me. But I know people talk amongst themselves. I wanted to explain how if I ever got what I wanted from her I would probably have all kinds of trust issues since I know about half the time she tells me what she's doing or where she's been I think she is either leaving out things or even just flat out lying. I never really said that since she was suddenly right next to me. So I left it hanging out there. Still I look at the picture from the prior post and think "why not me?"
Tonight Coleen is cooking me dinner at her house which I am looking forward to more that I know I should. I'm already trying to figure out what to wear and what to bring. Her parents will be there, because they are always there, so there will be no real chance for anything different happening. I know if Coleen was really thinking about that she would be all about coming to my house. At least I'll know how she spent her evening.
Tomorrow I'll be posting the results of my evening. The best I can hope for is that we make a plan for the weekend but most likely I'll be home by 9 pm with no real change.

No comments: