Wednesday, January 11, 2012

So It Goes

Due to the fact that I had my sleep interrupted on Monday night by a work issue I figured I should not post yesterday. I was too tired and grumpy. There is almost nothing worse than a call at 1:30 in the morning that requires a full hour and a half to resolve. On top of that there was a 2 plus hour meeting scheduled for Tuesday morning. Not a good thing when I've not had the proper amount of sleep. But I got through it and made it to Wednesday.
I made it into the gym after work and saw Lisa there. She talked me into going and even though it was a short workout I'm feeling soreness. Afterwards I went home and had a nice dinner and was vegetating on the couch when the cell phone went off. Jumped up and saw it was a call from Carolyn. It was 9:30 so I was a little surprised. "Booty call?" Not likely. She sounded stressed and asked if I felt like going for a ride. I didn't feel like playing 20 questions so I came right out and asked her to get to the point. It seems her college age daughter Monica was at a bar and felt that she shouldn't drive home so Carolyn wanted me to take her to Huntington so she could pick Monica up along with the car. Of course I was there in 20 minutes. I haven't seen Carolyn in more than 2 weeks. I was hoping thing could evolve in a good way but I was so tired all I wanted to do was get things taken care of and get home so I could sleep. If something was ever going to happen it wouldn't be now. Maybe there will be dividends at a later date.
The drive took about 30 minutes so we did have time to talk. Carolyn was asking about what I've been doing. I was evasive in details. I wasn't going to tell her much. I wasn't going to ask what she was doing. If I wasn't so tired I could have taken the opportunity to tell her some of the things I want to change. But I can wait. It wasn't as if I expect her to have a long drawn out discussion. But I would like it if we could make a plan. In my mind I'm thinking dinner on Friday night. It will take a phone call tonight to set it up. We will see.

No comments: