Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Sorta date

Had dinner with Lee in NYC last night. Then we went to an event at the museum that her sister Karen works at. The dinner was okay but the museum was kind of boring. Left Lee and headed for the train at about 9:30. Lee was going to find her own way home. She was going with her friend Kathy anyway.

I will never look at Lee as any more than as a friend. When we first met I tried getting closer to her but she gave me the stop sign pretty fast and said she would never consider me as boyfriend material. She's Jewish and wasn't interested in dating a non-Jew. So we've been friends for about 5 years. It makes for a weird vibe sometimes but I've never felt like changing that even though sometimes I get the feeling she might.

On the trainride home I got a cellphone call from Lisa. She was flying out on a 6 a.m. flight to Arizona and wanted a ride to the airport. Nothing like a lot of notice. Still I was up and at her door before 5 ready to drive her this morning. I'll pick her up when she gets back too.  

No comments: