Monday, June 20, 2005

Another Weekend gone by

Hello journal. Been a while.

Last Thursday was Lee's birthday dinner. I enjoyed a evening of Turkish food. A little more expensive than I'd expected. Heading for home on the 10:15 train. A message from Lisa to get some wine - told her I had some at home. Thought she might come over. Got home at 11:15 and didn't hear from her so I grabbed the wine and went to her house. Got there and the lights were on so I knocked on the door. She opens the door and we just shared one glass of wine. Was home by 12:30 which was fine as I was taking Friday off.

Lisa and I did have dinner on Saturday night. Before she got there I polished off a half a bottle of wine. Went to a Thai restaurant and we knocked down a bottle of wine over dinner. I decided she should drive. We wanted to hear some music so we went looking for a good place. We went to Oyster Bay, Bayville and Locust Valley without finding anything good. Lisa wanted to go to Chelsea Street but I've never liked that place. I really wanted something folkie. So we went to The Downtown in Glen Cove. I knew they would have a band which they did. We walk in and I immediately see Janet... one of my favorite people. Worlds collide. Lisa met Janet and Janet met Lisa.

Since I can't seem to get anywhere with Lisa I chatted it up with Janet and even asked her what she was doing on Sunday. We both agreed to get together someplace. Of course I was a little drunk. Still she did say we will get together this summer. It was a lucky break. Lisa wasn't mad but she definately wanted to leave after one drink. I almost gave her the keys and told her I would get myself home. I am so bad at spontaineous chance meetings.... I stayed with the plan and drove with Lisa and said goodnight and went home alone. Like always. Maybe next time I'll do better.   

No comments: