Thursday, June 9, 2005

Six Feet Under

What is it about this show that captivates me? There is nothing else that goes deeper into relationship dynamics and how we are almost afraid to be happy. I saw the newest episode last Monday night and since I have no relationship to speak of I find myself getting emotionally involved with these characters, especially Nate and Brenda.

Ironic that the names of the 2 women in Nate's lovelife are Lisa and Brenda. If you've read any of my prior entries most of my energy are focused on my ex-wife, Brenda and my closest friend/obsession, Lisa. I could relate to Nate more than any other character. Jilted by Brenda's sexually deviance, he ended up marrying her complete opposite, Lisa.  Their marriage to me seemed like it never got off the ground. While I was married I never felt comfortable and I could see Nate being the same way ... but trying to make the best of it. Trying to be in love with his wife while knowing in his heart he could never have with her what he had with Brenda.

 

No comments: