Monday, June 20, 2005

Chasing Janet

I spent a quiet Sunday doing boat things. I decided to call Janet and see if I could maybe make a date. She was a little more evasive than she was on Saturday night, which is typical. Saturday night she was drinking her usual white zin so she probably was letting her guard down a little. On Saturday she was all "let's find a new place to go" and "we should open our own club" but on Sunday it was "I'll be real busy the next 2 weeks". I really have to work on my ability to handle the unexpected.

Meanwhile, Lisa called me while she was driving home from her Father's Day family bar-b-que and our chat was short and unmemoriable. Let's see what day she wants wine. Damn, I just wish I could make something work.

Oh, one other thing.... The ex-wife called and left a message about me not returning her last 2 calls. I only remember one but who knows. She was all upset that I could be away and not have told her. My thinking is I have nothing to say so why call. I figured she would eventually call me when I was home - which is most of the time. I hate that she calls my house purposely when I'm not home and leaves a message. Then she screens her calls and rarely picks up.

No comments: