Sunday, June 12, 2005

My weekend

My weekend never seems to go as planned. My only plan was to see Lisa on Saturday night or at the very least Sunday afternoon. Well, I'm home on Friday night watching the Mets and my cell starts ringing and it's Tracy... a girl I know from the city. She is at Steamboat Landing in Glen Cove and wants to know if I'm planning on stopping in. I said I wasn't planning on it but I'd be there in 10 minutes. Playing hard-to-get: Not!

When I got there I found her with her brother and some of his friends. They were eating dinner. Not expecting to eat I ordered a beer and baked clams. Tracy changed seats to sit next to me and talk. I don't know if I was tired or what but I wasn't really able to come up with a lot to say. Tracy seems to like me and in our conversations I learned that her "sometimes" boyfriend was out of town. You would think that I would be working this but I've got to be the slowest man when it comes to what signs a woman puts out. Besides she was there with her brother.

I really was thinking I should try to make a date, either for Saturday night or another weekend. Or I should at least stay until she was ready to leave so I could get some kind of goodbye. But I was tired and down to my last 10 dollars. I was still thinking I would see Lisa on Saturday. I did say I wanted to plan something as I said goodbye.

Saturday morning Lisa called and said she wasn't available Saturday night and that she needed to go with her Yoga friends. She said it was training, but she also went to see the new Star Wars movie Friday night and told me that was part of her training.

So when Lisa told me we would not get together on Saturday I called Tracy's cell....I was going to call anyway. Probably left a really stupid message as she did not give me a call back. I just said thanks for calling me and I had a fun time Friday night. Now I am thinking that I didn't act on what might have been a clear signal... Some player I am. I only hope I'm over analyzing.

No comments: