Friday, June 29, 2012

What I planned to say yesterday.

I spent the better part of Wednesday getting the engine running on my boat. I had a service guy coming to look at it since I couldn't seem to figure out exactly what happened. Since I needed to be there I figured I would get my dinghy inflated and into the water. That process takes a bit of time and energy. I got that done but it was not easy. I was just about finished when the repair guy arrived. It wasn't more than 15 minutes before he knew exactly what the problem was. There was water in the diesel fuel. A lot of water. He told me I should pump out the tank with a hand pump and change out the filter. Since I didn't have either one on board and I was paying the guy $75 per hour I figured I would let him go and get it done later. I called the parts place and they had the filter, then I borrowed a pump and by 5 o'clock the engine was running. I was exhausted by this time. By the time I cleaned up the boat or mostly cleaned it up, I was sweaty and smelled of diesel fuel. So naturally I went down to the bar and had a drink. I needed it. It was a long day.
My boat is now up and running and I can pretty much look forward to a summer of being out on the water. I'm fairly confident it will be fine from here on out. I just hope I can relax and enjoy it with people. The forecast is for hot and sunny this weekend and then there is the Fourth of July. Not sure how that's going to be.
I can go to my sister's pool for her barbecue but if I have my way I would rather be out on the boat. I really want to bring Lisa but she may decide to bow out from virtually everything. I'm not really sure how she is right now. When she first moved into her new place, which is only a few dorrs away from my home, we were seeing each other every day. I was starting to feel like Lisa wanted my company, but I also don't want to start a pattern where I wait for her to call and just go there every night. So this week I only paid her a visit once and just for an hour of so. I sort of wanted to be in my own space a little so I glad to not go there.
But it is Friday and I'd really like to plan something around Lisa. I know I shouldn't and Lisa hasn't made her Friday night open to me so I need to consider whether she even wants to be around. I may just take a ride down to the boat and relax there for a little while.

No comments: