Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Boat fix tomorrow - I hope.

I have a boat mechanic coming to see why my engine won't start. I hope it's something that can be resolved quick and easy. Having the boat out of commission in July is as bad as it gets. I feel like there are only 10 to 12 good weekends on a boat and to lose any is precious. Lucky I have some funds to get anything done that isn't huge. With luck I'll be sailing by Saturday because temps are predicted to be in the mid to high 80's.
Last night I made a conscious effort to relax at home alone. I am starting to feel myself getting used to the idea of going over to Lisa's and just making myself at home. She eventually gave me a call at about 9-ish. While she sounded a little lonely she knows the same thing. We need to live in our own space and not start becoming interdependent. When I mentioned planning something later in the week she was a little evasive. Best we could do was Friday.
I called my mom in Florida this morning just to catch up on things. She reminded me of what I already know. She told me she likes Lisa, but she is a little flaky and I need to make my own way. I think her exact words were don't fall in love with someone who is never going to commit to me. I think when my mom gives me advice she thinks of me as 15 and not the adult that I am. It can be a little bizarre.
So no work tomorrow as I plan to spend my day at the boat. Hope for good news.

No comments: