Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hey Jude

Yesterday was a ho-hum day. No real contact with anyone. I had a short phone conversation in the morning with Coleen. I called her. At work. I spent the rest of the day struggling with wanting to talk to her again and fearing that I may be going too far. I am trying to understand what I feel. From what I can see the only thing keeping us apart is my lack of confidence. The words to Hey Jude are repeating in my head. "And don't you know that it's just you, hey Jude, you'll do, the movement you need is on your shoulder". I keep waiting for something to happen when, in fact, it just comes down to me just making it happen. But I still can't quite visualize it yet.
So what is next? I keep looking to see if she will call me. I think she will but if I don't hear from her today I will call her tomorrow. We stopped doing the text thing because I found out she was spending 20 cents a text which came to almost $40 a month just for texting me. If she updates her plan she can do it for $5 but she hasn't done that yet. I miss those messages. But she calls me more now which I like even better.


I took this picture of Lisa on Saturday while out on the boat. She bought her hat a week before at the Sea Cliff Mini-mart. There is no one I know who photographs as well as she does. She just knows how to look at the camera and just be natural. You might notice that the water is the background is as calm as can be. It was a completely windless day.

And on Sunday it was Chris and I out for a sail. There was more wind, but not much more wind. It may have been one of the best sailing weekends I've had in a long long time.









This boat was behind us and with no wind we just watched each other for an hour. They gave it up before us and motored in. We didn't wait long before we headed for the marina too.

No comments: