Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to work after 2 weeks

The last 2 weeks went by in a blur. Spent a lot of time on the water. I really enjoyed being on my brother's boat but I'm a little sad that my boat has spent so much time at the dock. There is still about 6 weeks before I have to get it out of the water.

I got home late Saturday and by the time I got to bed it was past 1 a.m. So Sunday was a family day as I saw my parents at my sister's house along with the the rest of my extended family. I felt totally drained and wasn't able to enjoy it much. I think I had boat-lag... something like jet-lag. I guess it takes some time to get used to being back on land.

 

The last day of the trip was stormy in the early part of the day. It was also my birthday. I didn't really celebrate as we were on the move the entire day.

The bad weather ended and we made our way in calm seas. There was a 3 hour delay when we ran into a sand bar and needed high tide to get through.

Monday was Labor Day and I spent the entire day at home trying to regain my strength. In addition to being worn out I had also had an incident where I fell getting from the dock to the boat on Saturday. I ended up grabbing the rail but banged my thigh and upper arm pretty hard. So I've been taking aspirin for the last 2 days.

On Monday night I went to dinner with Janet Roberta, Judy and Jami.

I did hear from Coleen but I didn't see her. We spoke on the phone while she was on her way with Mark to her brother's house. She and Mark are going away this Friday on a trip together upstate. So I guess I won't see her for a while and I think that it will be good to have some distance from her. I need to find something new.

No comments: