Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I must be an idiot

Thank God Christmas is over. I am more confused than ever. I made plans to spend as much time with Janet as I could. We spent Friday night having drinks in out little Italian restaurant and for a change none of the other girls showed up. I gave Janet her present from Florida which she seemed to really like. I felt more like a date than any other time I was with her. So of course I get calls from Lisa on my cell. She was dealing with the pre-holiday stress and wanted me to join her. I put the phone in my car so as not to need to deal with her. Her voice always gets me though and when I listened to the message I had just said bye to Janet and while I was in the car I saw Janet talking to Gary. Gary really likes Janet and I didn't need to watch and see if they were getting together so I took off. All the while I am listening to Lisa's message pleading with me to come by. It was midnight and I knew it was way too late.

So we talked the next day and she said she was up until one. How close I was to doing a drive by. So I spent Saturday, which was also Christmas Eve, seeing Lisa. At least for part of the day. She stopped by to join me for our traditional egg nog. Then we ran some errands together which included getting some last chance presents at the toy store. I needed to wrap about 20 presents so she left at about 1 p.m. and I got to it. She called and we realized I had one of her neices presents mixed in with mine so I needed to go to her house before I could go to my family's Christmas. She said Tom would be there at about 2 and she was leaving at 3. Tom is the married guy she has had an affair with for what has to be going on 10 years. So at 2:30 I called from the car to say I was on the way and I got no answer at her house or on her cell. So I'm thinking thay are having what must be their traditional Christmas fuck. I get egg nog and he gets laid. Don't get me started. I am really having ugly thoughts. Can I even ask?

So I go to Joe's house to pick up a gift there instead of going to Lisa's. I end up going there after that and by then the coast is clear. No Tom... I still have never met him and I'd like to keep it that way. Long story. So I pretty much give Lisa her package and promise to stop in at her sister's after my family gathering breaks up. I figure around 10.

Well my family goes late and her's ends early so she calls me at 9:30 and we agree it's pointless for me to go there. She wants me to come to Christmas dinner. Maryliz wants me to come to dinner at her house. But I was having dinner with Janet and her family. I also have brunch at Barry's house. To top it all off I walk out to a flat tire that I had to change first thing in the morning. So I get to Barry's late then I went to Lisa's sister's and ended up getting there before she did. So I said hello to all her family. They all know me so it was good to see them. Then Lisa arrives. She wore a black skirt and an angora sweater that had just the right amount of cleavage. And she was giving me lots of attention and really trying to convince me to stay longer. Oh she looked so good. My little head and my big head were having a really hard time deciding what to do. Of course I do the right thing. I left and headed for Janet's. Lisa walks me to the door. I say good-bye and walk toward the car and she watches me. She is irresistable looking. As I drive away I see her give me the saddest wave good-bye I'd seen since I watched my teenage girlfriend drive away to college over 25 years ago. I'll never forget how I wanted to go back.

 

No comments: