Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas with Janet or stupid is what stupid does

So I arrive at Janet's and her kids had already gone to their father's for Christmas dinner so we are alone. I feel really awkward. Janet doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling I just left. My thoughts are still there. You think this was part of Lisa's plan? If it was, it worked. So we sat and relaxed with a glass of wine. She opened my present to her. She was pleasant although not really very enthusiastic. My mind was still on Lisa. Dammit. I spent the entire evening trying to get that feeling from Janet that Lisa gave me and I couldn't. And Janet is tremendously hot. We went to a restuarant with her mom and her brother Bill's family. They all made feel very welcome and comfortable.

During dinner my cell rings and I let it go to voicemail. It was Lisa. She makes me crazy. I was just starting to purge her out of my mind. I didn't listen to the message. But I knew it was there.

After dinner I went with Janet back to her house ... kids due back any minute. But we shared some more wine. I guess we will always be able to do that. As soon as we sit down Janet decides to call Suzy. Obviously not wanting to have to have an intimate moment with me. And of course I'm feeling awkward. Because I'm alone with a beautiful woman and don't have any signals that say "make a move". When the kids get there it's almost a relief as I was getting more and more tense. I think we both felt it.

So after an hour or so I decide it's best if I head home .... it was 9:30. I was really thinking I could still see Lisa before it was too late. Yes - she was still in my head and I hadn't heard what the message said. Anxious to hear it I said goodnight and gave Janet a kiss and said I would call tomorrow.

Listened to the message. Lisa just said to call. So I called her house. I seemed to have awakened her. She was sleeping.... probably from drinking too much at Ellen's. I told her to go back to sleep. Of course my brain thinks the possibility that she made a booty call to Tom and they were together in bed. I resisted the urge to do a drive by. Now I wanted to go back to Janet's. Couldn't do that. So home I went, feeling really alone and defeated.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: