Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Another night home alone

Went home last night and just ate dinner. I enjoyed a quiet night where my only interruption came in cell phone text messages from .... who else... Lisa. She wanted to know if we could have cognac after she finished her night at the center at 11 o'clock. I replied I'd be up. She thought I would bring it to her. Fat chance. It was about 15 degrees out and the car I have has very little heat. I told her to come over to me. She wouldn't so I never did see her last night.

I'm guessing the planets will never aligne for us to have any more than the friendship she has. Trouble is I know the day is coming where she will find someone who she thinks is right for her but who I know is really just looking for something easy and then move on.... like all the others she has always managed to attach herself to. I don't relish the thought of dealing with that. I only hope I am in a better place soon.

Brings me to Janet. I am quite thrilled that she thinks enough of me to go to dinner on Christmas. Can't seem to get past the idea that I could have more than friendship. So I will look forward to seeing her when I can and try not to get my hopes up and yet try to be a little more assertive.

No comments: