Monday, October 17, 2005

What's Going On?

So many thing to say this will probably take more than one part. Where to begin?

Friday night started fine. Janet and Roberta were meeting me at Ruby Tuesday for a drink right after work which for me is 7 o'clock. I get there and it's just Janet and me for about 20 minutes. While I was enjoying myself with her company I felt unusually uncomfortable. I still find it very diffecult to have a one-on-one moment with someone I really like. I was putting pressure on myself to either impress her or make something happen. My heart says one thing and my brain says something else. I was relaxed and we chatted but I kept looking around the room and not at her.

Then Sue showed up followed by Roberta. I never really felt connected with Janet. It's that little voice that says she's just not that into me. So the decision was made to move it on to go dancing somewhere. That was fun. I started out not feeling like I wanted to not stay long. But we started dancing and I found myself wanting to dance more. Been a long time since I'd felt that free. Still I had to go earlier than anyone else.

Before I left I got a phone call from Lisa. She was home and wanted to share a drink with me. I told her I was out and wouldn't be able to. She didn't sound too disappointed.

More later.

No comments: