Thursday, October 13, 2005

Blame it on the rain.

It's been raining here for a solid week. Last 48 hours it's been torrential. I'm trying not to let it get to me but it's very hard. Between the rain and lack of money I've been housebound other than work.

On Tuesday I received a message from Lisa to come out for a glass of wine... I had to bring the wine. I had to tell her no because not only didn't I have any wine or money to get wine, but I didn't even have enough gas in the car to get there and back. So I turned down her invitation and stayed home. I wonder if she missed me as much I missed her.

I also heard from Janet. She wanted me to go to the Oyster Festival on Saturday, which I can't do becuase I'm going upstate and won't be back until Sunday. I had hoped she would go Sunday. It's still a possibility. She also mentioned a night out next weekend at the Downtown Bar. I can't do that either. I'll be out on Barry's boat at Tobay that weekend. You think it might make her miss me more? Does that ever work? Why do I have a feeling she will be introducing me to some guy and I'll be mad that I'd passed up these opportunities. It's still 3 weeks away but I am looking forward to the dinner/wine tasting next month. I expect that will be the next time I see Janet.

I have Joe's Halloween party in 2 weeks. I was trying to get Janet and some of her friends to go but Joe is getting all bent about no guests at HIS party. I may do a fly by and then go to something else. His parties are just not exciting enough. There is always plenty of food and drinks but no one does anything interesting. I can only do so much. Lisa has suggested playing a party game.

No comments: