Thursday, February 11, 2010

It Happens

My dad is sick. He has a cold. When you are getting chemo for cancer and have emphysema a simple cold turns deadly. So I don't know what to expect. I'm trying to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. This has been going on since the weekend... and now it is Thursday. It's really adding to my being unable to sleep, although I did sleep last night, mostly because of the several glasses of wine I had to drink.

I got calls from everyone in the family and also had a phone conversation with Janet. So I didn't have that isolation that was making me a little crazy only days before. Not really sure how the next week will be but at least I don't have that miserable loneliness any more. Of course the one person I'd like most to hear from isn't calling but I'm getting over that as best I can.

I didn't really do much about the co-op purchase yesterday. We got a ton of snow so I figured I should wait a day to call the realtor. I did get an email from one of them. I guess I'll look at one this weekend and be patient with my next step. If anything happens with dad I may just table the whole idea.

This will be a fun filled weekend. Lisa has her birthday party on Saturday. She will be celebrating her 40th year on earth. I still need to find her a present. I did the decorations and Saturday I will be filling balloons most of the afternoon. I expect there will be pictures.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry about your dad and hopes he recovers soon. I know what you mean about a simple cold being a major problem. My mom also has cancer and emphesema and COPD. Have a fun weekend at the party and good luck with the co- op!