Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's December already?!

I'm still suffering with a cold. Seems like I've been dealing with this way too long. It's really only been 5 days but it feels like it's different every day. Sometimes sneezing, sometimes coughing and sometimes it feels like I'm not sick at all. But every morning I wake up feeling horrible.

I had a very disturbing conversation with Lisa last night. She had been complaining about pain in her abdomin. She went to the doctor early yesterday. When she mentioned she was going to the doctor a few days ago I just figured she was going in for a regular checkup. So last night around 5:30 my phone rings and it's Lisa. She wanted to talk about her trip to the Dr. She told me it's a little complicated. You may recall that just passed away from cancer last July. So any little thing should cause concern.

First off, while she lived in Arizona Lisa had been losing skin from her neck and chest area that is exposed to the sun. I just figured her fair skin had made her peel and she should stay out of the sun. The doctor thinks it's a serious problem with her immune system and she needs to go to a dermitologist and have it checked. When they discussed her pain in her abdomin Lisa said the doctor pointed right where her ovaries are and said if it's there it may be a problem. Lisa had always thought it may be liver problems becuase she likes to drink wine. The doctor recommended a sonogram to make sure.

She left the doctor thinking with the doctor saying she should set up an appointment sometime in January which would indicate nothing too serious. But then just before she called me the doctor called her and told her she should have it done as soon as possible. While we talked my first impulse was to try to minimize the possibilities, but after a few minutes I was really feeling scared for her. I was having flashbacks to when Janet told me her mom was going to the doctor for a little pain and that turned out to be very serious and she died within a few months.

So I told Lisa to stay positive but follow the advice of the doctor and get the sonogram right away. We then talked about all the possible scenarios. Removing the overaies or even a hysterectomy would leave Lisa unable to bear children. This made me very sad but she states she never ever felt she would have children anyway so it doesn't bother her that much. 

During all this time I realized my cat Tigger had been out and usually her wouldn't stay out more than 20 minutes or so before he would be back at the door meowing to come back in. Especially now... it was cold and dark. He had been gone about an hour. I put my coat on and walked up and down the street calling his name. This would ususally have him running to door but still no sign. I get a little concerned because he's been an indoor cat more than an outdoor cat and there was no way he would last very long outside. I also knew that the properties that border my backyard have a wall that's 4 feet lower than mine and Tigger likes to walk along that edge. So I grab a flashlight and shimmy between fences and walk along the wall. As I walk along I am also listening hoping his meow. I point my flashlight into the darkness and I see 2 pinpoints of light in the bushes at the bottem of the brick wall. Tigger had somehow gotten down and was unable to climb back up. I'm not sure who was more relieved, him or me. I jumped down and picked him up and put him back on the higher level. He must have been desperate to get up because he hesitated long enough for me to get back up and then he headed straight back to the house. He was cold and hungry and spent the rest of the night sleeping on my lap or on the couch next to me.      

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWw that poor cat. I'm so glad you found him. My ferrets got lose and I could not find them for 3 days. At my other house we had some house leading to the outside and I swore that they had got outside. after the 3rd day of looking for them I thought they were gone forever. I went to work late. My gradma called me and said she found one she was running around the kitchen. Then later my lil cuzin picked one up. So I guess they were in the house the whole time. It was wired cause we looked everywhere for 3 days stright and didn't see them nowhere. And they are not that small. Maby a lil smaller then a cat. I was prying for them to come back. I think they got out then came back. :) As for my journal I havn't had it very long I use to use blurty journal but I changed cause no one could post in it anymore im not sure what happend with that. And I thought the graphics were pretty cool to use in aol journal. I was getting kinda persinal in this journal but I deleted it all and started over. My family reads it and somethings I don't want them to know. But yeah I should talk more in it. Thats the point in a journal lol Well, thanks for the comment in mine. Hope to talk to u soon. Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Krissy (dontyouwant2no) - I guess if your family reads you journal you need edit for that. No one I know has any idea that I blog. There's freedom with that.