Friday, December 14, 2007

It's Friday

Poor Tigger scratching at the door to go outside and play. But it's snowing and icy.

It's been a week from hell. I had a plan to see Janet on Thursday night. I was down to my last few dollars until I got paid on Thursday. So I thought I had it worked out pretty well. I needed gas in the car but I'd be working from home on Wednesday so I figured I had enough to make it back and forth to the train 2 times and not go anywhere on Wednesday and I could get gas on Thursday.

Everything was working out well right up until Thursday. It started to snow around 11 so at 11:30 I thought I better go and while I was out I should stop at the grocery store. Yeah ... I had no food in the house either. So I put my empty deposit bottles in the car and start it up. Then I get out and scrape the ice off the windows. It took about 5 minutes. I get in and put in gear and it stalls. Uh-oh. Yeah - that's right. No gas. I had to walk in the sleet/snow to the gas station gas and a gas can to put it in. Took a couple of hours.

Meanwhile I'm missing work and they are looking for me. So I get all that done and get back to work ... It's like 2:30. I missed a little but I managed to catch up pretty quickly. Mostly I'm concerned because now I have an unexplained absence. I'll work through that.

But it's still snowing and it's getting real icy. I have to blow off Janet because I just have no confidence that I can make it home again once I go out. I really wish I had a new car. My car is 11 years old and it's been a hard 11 years. If I had money I would for sure be getting another car.

I was really looking forward to getting out. So now it's Friday and Janet says she has a wake to go to. I guess I'll catch up with her at some point. Not that we are dating. Maybe I'll get to talk to Colleen again.

If I don't get the chance to blog tomorrow it's probably a good thing. It's means I'm living the life and not whining about it.

No comments: