Monday, August 8, 2005

Weekend at the beach

Strap yourself in - this is a long entry.  

So get this, Friday night Janet invited me to the beach .... I thought a good idea would be to take my boat and anchor off of Prybles Beach in Glen Cove. So Saturday afternoon I secured a spot just off the beach and dinghyed ashore and hung out with Janet and her friends ... all of whom I now seem to know very well. We just had the best time. We were relaxing in the sun and we all just never wanting it to end. We watched the sunset and finally the cops kicked us out. The only way it could have been better would be if Janet came back to my boat, but she had her son Spencer this weekend and needed to get home. Last thing she said was to be back on Sunday.  

So I want back on board my boat and over nighted right there off of the beach in Glen Cove. It's not real protected but the weather was pretty calm so I had a good night sleep. Janet's friend Julie was at the beach at around 10 a.m. and had an egg, bacon, and cheese sandwich for me. Yummy.  

Janet was back on the beach around 11 and we spent the whole day hanging out again. Could I be wearing her down? Anyway, she never made it on to my boat but we did go for a dinghy ride. We circled it then looked at some of the waterfront homes on Morgan's Island. More money than I will ever have.  

So at 4:30 everyone packed up and was going to picnic at Morgan's Park. Roberta, another friend of Janet's, was there with her daughter and I had sort of said I would be there with some food. This is where I really fucked up.... This girl I had one date with, Tracy, called me. She had her knee 'scoped about 10 days ago and we had been playing phone tag Thursday and Friday. And Sunday I spoke to her and she was pretty upset - mostly because she had been cooped up at home on such a beautiful weekend. I kind of like Tracy and I know she likes me. She works for my friend Joe in the City and Joe had been telling me to not go there as she a little flaky. Actually Joe says she is a lot flaky.  

So here I am with a choice to make. Do I go to the picnic and spend more quality time with Janet and her friends or do I go see Tracy because I can have some alone time with her. I probably made the wrong choise but I told Tracy I would be back at my slip at 6. Tracy said she would get a ride and meet me there.  I had time to shower and change and she shows up .... with her brother! Ugh! And Janet calls me on my cell to see if I might be coming. Ugh! WTF am I doing? I really wanted to hang out with Janet some more and obviously Janet wanted me there too. So what do I do .... I sit on my boat with Tracy and her brother until 11:30. It was actually fun. I told Tracy I would call her and we are kind of lined up for something on Tuesday.  

As for Janet ... she knows I like her tons, but I have NEVER been alone with her ever. I have asked her out to dinner and out for a sail half a dozen times. I really don't think she sees any more than friendship with me. But Thursday I have a sunset cruise scheduled and she said she would come .... so.....    WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!   What do I need to do that I am not doing? Should I just try to date them both? Right now that is kind of the plan.  

I also found out that Janet was seeing some guy - Peter ... very young.... like maybe 30. They apparently are over although I don't think that's what Janet wants. This was something I overheard so I may have my facts off a little.    

Oh - yeah and one more thing .... I haven't seen Lisa in 2 weekends. Sorry Lisa but you are just not making yourself available. You are still my "It" girl but if your are not there I need to find my own way.        

No comments: