Friday, August 5, 2005

Sunset cruise

Last night's little trip was great. I had my cousin Bernadette, and my neice Katie, and my nephew Charlie on the boat. It was a good time. I'm a little sad that my only guests were relatives. Where are all my friends? Barely a puff of breeze but it was a safe relaxing trip. I really enjoyed getting the boat away from the dock. It was a short cruise and we were back at the dock by 10. When we got back we saw Trevor and Iris (I've got to start remembering her name).

Bernadette and I talked about organizing a picnic for September. I've been wanting to make that happen for years. I will need to make some calls. September 10th seems like the most likely date.

I haven't seen Lisa in a week and I was really wishing she could have been there last night, but she was working at the center like she is pretty much EVERY night now. But at 11:30 my phone rang and it was her. It was so nice to hear her voice and made me wish I could go see her but it was so late. She just called to say hello .... made me feel loved even a little. Thank God I had something to talk about other than I was just home watching TV all night. I hope she misses doing stuff with me although her commitment to the center doesn't seem like it will change any time soon. I told her I was going to a picnic on Saunday with Janet and her friends and she said maybe she will come. I wasn't sure if I wanted her to come but now I'm hoping she will.

No comments: