Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Better news

Good news.... I heard this morning Lisa's sister is doing much better. No longer on the respirator, she is talking, joking, and laughing. I can't go see her as I've picked up a little cold. Still it was great to hear and hopefully she will be going home soon. I really thought she was going to leave us.  

Last weekend I didn't see Lisa at all. We spoke briefly on the phone Saturday night. Judi was still not doing well and she wasn't happy.  

I did see quite a bit of Janet and her friends. Friday night we met in Glen Cove and watched a band play outdoors in the plaza. Then went with her friends Susan and Roberta to Buckrams and get something to eat. While there Janet and Roberta were both getting the attention from this goofy guy Erich. He was paying most of his attentionto to Roberta. After that I made my way to Crabby Dan's. I wanted  to see Karen Rich who bartends there. Janet without Susan and Roberta showed up about 5 minutes later. I guess she left right after me. Then right behind Janet this guy Erich shows up. Obviously Roberta blew him off. So now he's taking his best shot with Janet with me right there. He was about 15 years younger than Janet but I think at first Janet liked the attention. After about 10 minutes Janet walked over to talk to Jimmy and some other people she knew and I was talking to this girl I'd just met, Karen Petrone. Then I turn around and there goes Erich, out the gate... not even sure he said good-bye to Janet. Okay here is the kicker .... I met Janet and Roberta at Prybles Beach on Saturday and found out that Erich sent Roberta a text message on his way home.  

Anyway, Janet left around an hour later and I stayed and gave Karen (Rich - not Petrone) a ride home. Late night. Saturday was Beach, Sunday I again met Janet and her friends at Morgans to see another concert. That was fun but I never got the boat away from the dock. I did have a nice nap on it Sunday afternoon.

No comments: