Monday, October 22, 2007

Things happen for a reason

This is a response to a comment from Sue. She read my journal and wonders how I can be alone. Well Sue, I'm not really alone. I have so many friends I feel very lucky every day. Not having a girlfriend bothers me less and less every day and I now realize I'm alone because that's what I want to be.

I am truly in love with Lisa and have been for as long as I can remember. The comics this past Sunday has the Charlie Brown and Lucy football bit that prefectly illustrates how our relationship has gone over the years. Every fall Lucy gives Charlie Brown the chance to kick the football while she holds it. And everytime Charlie is about to kick the football Lucy pulls it away which sends Charlie Brown flying onto his back.

It's been pretty much the same with Lisa and I. We have come close a number of times but each time we've come close to some real intimacy (a.k.a. sex) she will back away.

All the other relationships in my like have taken a backseat to her. My friend Roberta urges me to read 'He's Just Not That Into You'. Is there a book out there for men? It's not as if I don't already know what I am doing. I've just decided to accept it and not obsess over it. Yeah right. You will see how that is working.

So I guess what I am trying to say is maybe I'm single and unattached because that is what I want to be. If I really wanted to have someone I would.

 

No comments: