Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend

I'm going somewhere - just wish I knew where. I'll get there.

Didn't see Lisa at all. Spent practically all weekend arounf Janet and her friends. Not anything like a date but really was enjoying the fact that we are close. Of course my big mouth always tripping me up. I've got to send her an email this morning just to try and keep the energy flowing.

I need to start from the beginning.... So I didn't hear from Lisa about Friday night and I knew she was working and probably not able to go out anyway so I reached out to Janet and made a plan to see her at Steamboat. Her words.... "I'mk not doing anything anyway so sure I'll meet you there." Oof... not really a date but at least I'm not sitting next to the phone waiting to hear bad news from Lisa. Best thing to do is to keep out there. So I am get there about 7 thinking Janet would be there soon, but turns out she was home waiting to hear from me. It turns out okay as she got her friend Sue and they both came at around 8. I almost left too.

So we chatted it up and I bought her a drink and she asked if I wanted to come to her house for a family barbeque on Saturday at around 4. I said I would like to but I had to do something until 6 could I come late. I figured I would go to Joe's little boat party first and leave and hang out at Janet's. Still not a date but good.

I am at Joe's and at around 3 and I called Lisa's cell and left a message. I felt like I was cheating. She called and said she just wanted to stay home and relax. So I said I would be at the party. Didn't say anything about Janet's. I was considering asking her to go to that. Could I do that? Nah! So I had my out. She said if I wanted I could always come by. I'll tell her about Janet but not yet.

So I went to Janet's late and enjoyed some beer and she has a fire pit. Very family oriented. Her 3 kids were all there and her mom, and brother and some other people. It was a really great night and we ran out of wood at around 11 so everyong left. I took my queue from that and didn't over stay my welcome. Part of me thought I could stay and play my hand but with the kids all upstairs I thought I should go. Last thing Janet said was we could meet at the beach Sunday.

The vibe I have been getting from Lisa is that she wants to not get involved with me in a sexual way, but she really isn't ready to tell me so we pretty much didn't talk at all this past weekend. Just a short conversation on Saturday afternoon.

So I don't really feel that good right now. The one thing I want I can't have. I just don't see anything really happening with Janet. She is beautiful and bright and I could make it my life mission to make her happy if only I could let go of Lisa.

Sunday at the beach was really fun. I am starting to think Janet is looking at me more. It's time for my to get off the pot and take more chances. I won't let my next oppurtunity slip away. This is a promise I make to myself.

No comments: