Friday, September 2, 2005

Friday - The weekend is coming!

Haven't put anything in this all week. My birthday was Tuesday and I had dinner with my sister's family. It was great. I felt like I was really special. I'll get over it. But it's my last birthday before the big 5-oh.

Had some wine with Lisa last night and discussed what we are doing over the weekend. Can't get a read on her anymore. She invited me to camping with her sister Ellen's family and I would love to go but it's also probably the last good weekend on the boat so I was non-committal. I really wanted her to come on the boat with me and she seemed to be leaning towards that. I wasn't expecting that so now I am waiting to hear back.

Her other sister Judi will be home from the hospital today! If you've read my earlier postings you will see that there was a time when I thought she was never going to recover and we would be going to a funeral soon. Now she is in much better shape and after 6 weeks is finally able to go home.

My dad on the other hand went into the hospital in Florida yesterday. With mom away in Italy my sister Maryliz took a flight down yesterday to take care of things until mom returns. All this I found out after the fact late last night. Dad suffers from severe emphysema from 50 years of smoking and even though he gave up cigarettes 15 years ago he is now looking more and more terminal. He got a slight cold and tried oxygen for the first time and didn't do well. Hopefully he will recover in about 2 weeks. It's possible I may need to go down there in a week or so.

Got an email from Carolyn this morning. Hopefully I'll meet her again soon. She is married so this can't go very far. She says she is practically seperated but who knows how much of that is true.

Might be on the beach with Janet and her friends. I know I pretty much said I would be there so fully expect to do that. Janet is a good and true friend even if I want to get to firstbase and she won't let me. I still enjoy every minute we are hanging out.

No comments: