Friday, August 19, 2011

Grounded until the end of the month.

Seems like I'm not posting as much as I was earlier this summer. Life is in a holding pattern everywhere right now. I am getting out and did take Wednesday off to take Carolyn and her kids to the beach. Well, fact is they took me as it was their plan and not mine. But I did feel very much like a part of the family.
That is right up to the point where Carolyn had a phone call from her attorney notifying her that her brother had filed papers asking that she pay him monies out of her mother's estate in the amount of $20,000 plus court costs, what ever they are. Naturally she was freaking out pretty much for the rest of the day. I pretty much had to try to settle her down between moments of crying and rage. And we aren't even a couple or even had anything that would indicate to me we will ever have that.
To top it all off I bought dinner for them at an outdoor restaurant and my debit card had insufficient funds and was denied. Lucky I had my Visa with me and had just enough to pay with that. I estimated that I had more than $300 in my account so it was a mystery to me what had happened. When I looked up my account when I arrived home the IRS had banged my account for $313. I knew I owed that and I had made payments with checks regularly since April. I did give them permission to access my account but they had waited for me to remit by check in July so I was hoping I could send the money later in the month. But it is done and now I'm left with about $20 until next paycheck which is not until last day of August. All my bills are paid and there is food in my house so I just would need money for walking around. But I won't be doing much of that unless I can float some kind of loan. I may just stay around the house the next 2 weekends and go out on the boat.
Money problems and not much else so it's easy to see why I've been not putting much here. Don't expect much the next 2 weeks.

No comments: