Wednesday, January 4, 2006

More on New Years

Posted some pictures I took during New Years Eve. I have stories to tell.

So I was there with Janet. I went to her house and we drove to the party together in my car. It felt like a date. I was thrilled.

The first picture is of Janet and Sharon. Sharon is younger.... I'll guess 20 something. She makes and sells her own jewelry. I first met her at the Zen Tricksters show at Morgans Beach. She looked and talked like every "Deadhead" I'd ever met. I've been infatuated by her ever since. As always she came to New Years looking like something right out of Woodstock. She still doesn't even know my name.

Then there is a picture of Heather. I started shatting with her and we got into this deep conversation about her career and music and age. She told me she was 24 and I knew I was way too old to be spending time chatting with her. But I did think she was cute and our conversation was amazing. What really surprised me was she was constantly around me. She came with a date but he must have been ignoring her. We were talking and I noticed that the food buffet had started and I excused myself to get some food. I found Janet and Sue eating at a table and sat down and joined them and then Heather came a sat with us too. So here I was next to what I was hoping was my date, Janet, and this new girl, Heather was on my other side. She obviously wanted to continue our talk but I wanted to spend time with Janet.

Looking back I wish I had gone more with that. Once again I'm never prepared for what happens. I keep thinking that 24 is just not an age I can relate to but I am hoping to meet her again.   

Then there is Sue B. She gave me her email address because I took a picture of her boyfriend passed out at a table in the back. Obviously he over celebrated. His friend wasn't doing so well either. So I promised to send her a picture of it and I also took a picture of her with another guy. Later I look and I see her near the door with the other guy making out. So the passed out guy misses his girl sucking face. I guess he got what he deserved. Of course she isn't the best girl friend. Last I saw Sue's new friend had left and she was doing her best to get passed out guy into a cab. So she's not all bad.

Midnight came and Janet gave me a "friendly" kiss on the side of my face. Nothing romantic in any way. We stayed until last call and around 2 o'clock I grabbed our coats and we headed for home in my car. We got to her driveway and I shut off the car but I knew I wasn't getting in. I think she had her door open before I'd even stopped. I said I'd call her tomorrow and she said a quick goodnight and sent me on my way.

I had fun. I met some nice people. I'm not sad or disappointed. But I do feel as lonely as ever. I called Janet the next day and tried to ask her out but she said she couldn't do it. By then I'd pretty much expected that. I'll have to satisfied as friends.

No comments: