Friday, January 20, 2006

As time goes by

Not much is new. Last weekend I saw Janet on Friday night and Saturday night. Friday night she called me and on Saturday night I called her. When she called me I was having happy hour in New York with Tracy, Joe, Tracy's brother Brian and her friend Mike. I shut my cell phone off and since we were only to be out until about 7 I didn't see any reason to keep it on. I didn't expect to hear from anyone. Joe had a car so when we finally were heading out of the City I heard her message. I played very hard to get... I told her I'd be there by nine. We met at the regular Friday night place... the Italian Restaurant bar.

So I got there and Janet was keeping company with some guys I was familiar with but didn't know. I had something to eat and got comfortable. After about an hour I had a one-on-one chat with Janet. She asked me about Lisa ... she thinks Lisa should be my girlfriend. I told her about Lisa's married boyfriend. Janet told me, "I have one of those." Great, another girl with a dirty little secret. She said they really only just get together for sex. T-M-I. We moved on to other topics and even went to another place later and had a pretty good time. But it really reinforced my feeling that I am just replicating Lisa in Janet. They both seem to want me around as a friend only even though they both know I would really like to have something more.

So what do I do on Saturday night? I call Janet out for drinks. Well.... she did come out even though she was happy just being home.

No comments: