Saturday, April 11, 2009

The End of another wasted week

I had a dream last night about my dead ex-wife. Like any dream is was very surreal and now the memory of it is very fuzzy. It was a sunny spring day and we were just sitting on a wooden swinging chair in a park. I awoke with this feeling of how I used to be in love and don't know if I'll ever get that back again. It has been so long since I'd felt ant romance I doubt I would even recognize it if it happened.

Thursday night Lisa came for dinner. Her time here was so short and I barely felt like we'd even started when it was time for her to go. We spent a lot of time talking about her family. Mostly it's her dad who is suffering from Parkinson's and is having serious problems. Even with that it was so nice having someone here just to talk to instead of just me and the cat every night. Seems like my only social contact comes at the bar.

Speaking of the bar I was there last night for a couple of hours. I wasn't planning on going but I got home and didn't have any other plan and I knew Coleen would be there so I hopped in the car and went. Coleen was talking to her friend Don who is like 70 years old. That's him in the picture above. Then I saw Janet and sat with her. Coleen wasn't there very long so we never had any real conversation which was sad. I didn't stay long after that.

It's Saturday and it's raining. I decided to give Coleen a call this morning and see if we can meet
at the gym. I found out when she left last night she went for a slice of pizza across the street with Jimmy. That's him in the picture with Roberta. It feels like she wants to get to know him. He is younger than me so if she likes him I'll need to deal with that. Don went to so it wasn't anything special, I just have this odd feeling that she has some interest.

No comments: