Friday, March 3, 2006

My best friend died last week

That's right. My friend Joe died suddenly on February 20th, 2006. I am feeling very lost and alone. I last saw him the night before which was a Sunday. Since I was off for Presidents' Day and he had to work I told him I would call him at his office and said good night at 10:00 PM. At 9 the next morning Tracy from his office called and said that the whole office was saying that Joe's family had called to say her had died. I was in disbelief so I immediately got into my car and went to his house where I saw his oldest son Michael who told me he died in his sleep over night.

I was in shock. I've spent the last 2 weeks morning his loss. I've never felt such grief. How could he just be gone. I can't believe I won't hear the sound of his voice again when I keep hearing it in my head. This is more sadness than I have ever felt.

I never buried a friend before. At least not someone who I could say was a close friend. We knew each other for 8 years. Not a day went by where we didn't talk. I feel so bad ... like I need to tell him something but he's not there anymore. During his wake I cried uncontrollably.   

No comments: