Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Snow and Lisa's birthday

The huge snow prevented Lisa from celebrating her birthday on Sunday. Her birthday was actually Monday but since her only day off was Sunday a dinner at her sister's house was scheduled and I was invited. But with more than 20 inches of snow on the ground and still more coming there was no chance on having it. So her birthday came and went as did Valentines Day and I now haven't seen Lisa in about a month. We still have short chats on the phone while she drives home from work. Last night she called as she got home to tell me there was a ticket on her old car that is parked in the street without plates. Because she hasn't put a 4sale sign on it, the car is just going to sit. I have a feeling the sale will fall to me. I am really starting to feel a little used.

I hate to always be in second place but now I almost feel like an afterthought. Her yoga center has her tied up every single day now. She takes trips to meetings that seem to only be designed to keep her from having any social life at all. I have been doing a little research and I have read a considerable about of negative stories about Dahn yoga. I'd been looking at it as just unsatisfied former customers but a few weeks ago I saw a news story on Channel 2 that gives much more credibility to all the complaints about the organization being a cult. I would love to discuss it with Lisa but she is always at work in the center. Should I voice my concerns or should I just maintain a supportive attitude and hope that she becomes aware of where she is headed? I was tempted to talk to her sister about it but I'm a little afraid to put my nose where it isn't wanted.

I guess I'll wait.  

No comments: