Wednesday, February 15, 2006

No Lament

I've been staying away for a while trying to decide what in my life is worth writing about. I don't think I can keep writing the same story over and over. But I went back amd re-read some of my entries from last year and I realize I have made slight progress so I am back, although for now my entries will be less frequent.

Stayed home last Friday in anticipation that Saturday will be eventful. The plan was that I would attend Janet's daughter's graduation party at a hall with about 50 of her family and some friends but mostly her kids friends. It was to start at 4 o'clock so we had talked about going to here some music afterwards. Mother Nature threw us a curve with a snow storm the really didn't hit until late in the evening. So Janet's party went off without any problems but there was no going out after.

At the party I got to meet Janet's dad, Larry who is divorced and remarried and many other family members who all seemed to know who I was. Her sis-in-law Teresa was especially interested in talking to me. I guess she mentions me in family circles ... something I also do. Everyone in my family knows we are spending time together. I suppose they are wondering if this as going anywhere but maybe that just me putting my own hopes into peoples minds. I did get a sense of welcome from Janet's family. Janet had so many people there I almost didn't expect we would talk much but she did seem to be keeping an eye out for me and we shared a table when we sat for some food. I stayed to the end and helped clean. At the end there was her ex Mark, her daughter Ally, her son Spencer, and her mom Doreen. It was past 10 and the snow had started so I headed home. No real big goodbye.

No comments: